Havanna - 2004.12.14

[Ever since I was 8 or 9 I've been standing on the shoreline]

Tuesday, June 28, 2005

Magnolia - Quotes

Magnolia:

There are stories of coincidence and chance, of intersections and strange things told, and which is which and nobody knows; and we generally say, "Well, if that was in a movie, I wouldn't believe it." /.../ These strange things happen all the time.

***

I really do have love to give; I just don't know where to put it.

***

I used to be smart, but now I'm just stupid.

***

In this life, it's not what you hope for, it's not what you deserve - it's what you take.

***

I'll tell you everything, and you tell me everything, and maybe we can get through all the piss and shit and lies that kill other people.

***

It's dangerous to confuse children with angels.

***

Quiz Kid Donnie Smith: I'm sick and I'm in love.
Thurston Howell: You seem the sort of person who confuses the two.
Quiz Kid Donnie Smith: That's right. That's the first time you've been right. I confuse the two and I don't care.

***

Phil Parma: Do you know that every other word you use is either 'shit', 'fuck', 'balls' or 'cocksucker'?
Earl Partridge: Could you do me a personal favor?
Phil Parma: Go fuck myself?
Earl Partridge: You got it.

***

Phil Parma: [making an order over the phone] I'd like to get an order of peanut butter, umm, uh, cigarettes, Camel Light, uhh, water...
Pink Dot Girl: Bottled water?
Phil Parma: No. You know what, forget the water. Just give me a loaf of bread. White bread.
Pink Dot Girl: Okay.
Phil Parma: And, umm, do you have Playboy magazine?
Pink Dot Girl: Yeah.
Phil Parma: Okay, one of those, and uh, Penthouse? The magazine?
Pink Dot Girl: Yeah.
Phil Parma: You have that? Okay uh, one of those, and umm... Hustler?
Pink Dot Girl: Yeah.
Phil Parma: You have that?
Pink Dot Girl: Yeah, I said. That it?
Phil Parma: Yeah that's it.
Pink Dot Girl: Still want the peanut butter, bread, and cigarettes?
Phil Parma: Yeah. What?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Bloggtoppen.se BlogRankers.com